A 21 year old guy had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.(An event or meal at which food is cooked outdoors over an open grill or fire)
While barbecuing he stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes.
After a few minutes, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down.
No one in the party knew why he was doing this?
Then he admitted into the Hospital, the doctor said he’ll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that he had worn.
Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED…. OR WHILE COOKING…!
Spread this around because this sounds terrible as fuck!
spread this because it’d be terrible as fuck is just like amazing, alright, ok.
jesus christ i wear contacts Dx
Reblogging because this is idiotic. I’ve worn contacts for 13 years, and had never once heard this. I want you to think for a moment, plastic, which is what contacts are made of, has a high melting point. If your contacts were to melt, your skin would blister long before, and you’re probably on fire. Which, is a bigger problem than melting contacts imo. This is a hoax and you’re all silly geese if you believed it. :P